The Military and Veteran Center (MVC) provides multifaceted support for veteran and military-affiliated students, from admission through graduation, to facilitate the achievement of academic and career objectives.
The MVC's goals are to:
- Foster community among students during their transition to campus and civilian life.
- Honor contributions of military service members and recognize their academic achievement.
- Connect students to the resources, services and programs they need to be successful at UT Dallas and beyond.
- Inform/educate the campus and area community about the military via programs, services and events.
Military-affiliated students include veterans, current military service members, military spouses and dependents, and ROTC cadets.
The areas that the MVC will be supporting are:
- Military and Veteran Center – This fund helps support the mission of the Military and Veteran Center to offer quality programs, services and activities.
- General Veteran Awards – The Military and Veteran Center administers competitive awards/scholarships for UT Dallas students who are current/former members of the U.S. Armed Forces. These awards can be used toward educational and living expenses.
- Veteran Benevolent Fund – This fund provides monetary assistance for student veterans experiencing a situational economic hardship.
- Veterans of UT Dallas – This fund supports the programs and activities of the student organization, Veterans of UT Dallas, as well as, expenses related to attending the Student Veterans of America (SVA) National Conference.