Science and Mathematics Education Department
- Attract, prepare, and retain STEM majors in the teaching profession.
- Enhance and support local STEM teachers.
- Provide outreach directly to local STEM students.
Science and Mathematics Education has honored the mission and goals of UT Dallas by
· Disbursing $240,000 dollars in scholarships to our students this fiscal year to date
· Helping our alumni reach 80,000 students in grades K-12 grades with a quality STEM education
· Providing professional development for local K-12 STEM teachers, totaling 336 hours this year alone
· Increasing opportunities to attract young women into STEM through summer camps targeting middle school girls in both physics and chemistry.