The University of Texas at Dallas Student Ambassadors are a diverse group of student leaders who advance the University by serving as the face of the student body. They assist with events hosted by the President and other leaders on campus and promote University pride. This past year, the 35 Ambassadors successfully completed over 1200 volunteer hours for the University. They have devoted this large amount of time because they believe in what the University stands for.
The Student Ambassador Program will be providing its services to lead the following events and initiatives:
- Fall Virtual Tournament: Modified version of the Student Ambassador organized annual charitable tournament which would take place virtually and the proceeds would go towards an organization benefiting students in need.
- Thanks Day: Ambassador organized event with the Development of Alumni Relations where students on campus write thank you notes to alumni who have given back to UT Dallas and then receive hot chocolate sponsored by 1418 Coffeehouse. In Fall 2019, over 800 thank you cards were written and the hot chocolate was sold out, making the event a huge success!
- Alumni Tours Program: Ambassador-guided personalized golf cart tours for a wide range of individuals including alum, new faculty/staff, and guests of the Directors of Development who represent all 8 schools at UT Dallas.
- UTD Ring Week: Ambassador orchestrated events such as Ring Day to market and promote the Official UTD Ring, this year the university was able to sell more rings than ever before!
- Senior Giving: Hosting events and programs that encourage senior participation, even after they have graduated from the university.
- Community Outreach: Ambassadors volunteer within Dallas to a wide range of groups such as the North Texas Food Bank and also the Breakfast of Hope where ambassadors served meals to Dallas citizens in need of a fresh meal.
Thank you for your consideration in giving back to this wonderful student program.