The Multicultural Center’s fund raising efforts are going towards the creation of a new resource, “The MC Cares Emergency Fund”. The MC Cares Emergency Fund will provide emergency financial assistance to students who are deemed as underrepresented minorities by UT Dallas. Often times, these students have immediate unexpected expenses due to special circumstances beyond their control. For many students, a financial emergency that if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student's departure from UT Dallas and a loss of momentum toward completion and impact the retention and success of our UT Dallas students.
Examples of unforeseen expenses, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with rent & housing
- Medical/dental expenses (medical bill)
- Personal Transportation
- Books & supplies
We need your help!
Help us grow the MC Cares Emergency Fund to support our Comets!
About our department
The Multicultural Center is committed to providing a variety of quality cultural programs, education resources, leadership opportunities and support services that enhance the ability of UT Dallas students to achieve success in their academic, personal and work lives.
- Excellence: We pride ourselves on achieving a high standard of quality programs and services, which provide the utmost satisfaction.
- Student Focused: We value student involvement, engagement and feedback to provide programs and services that shape the cultural experience of our campus.
- Collaboration: We value intentional partnerships at all levels that assist us in service of our students, campus and greater community.
- Diversity: We believe that intentional inclusive environments enhance educational experiences and create successful academic outcomes.Diversity: We believe that intentional inclusive environments enhance educational experiences and create successful academic outcome
- Integrity: We maintain an ethical, professional and just methodology of leadership and service.