The School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences brings together innovative research, student training, and community outreach in a climate that fosters collaboration and learning.
The school’s mission is to understand the intersection of mind, brain and behavior; enhance the health, education, and quality of life of children and families; and create and implement technologies and therapies that repair and strengthen human abilities. We accomplish these goals by recruiting and supporting outstanding faculty who have a commitment to groundbreaking research and to mentoring the next generation of researchers and professionals.
Please consider making a gift in support of the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, to one or more of the following funds:
- Dean’s Fund. The BBS Dean’s Fund provides for the enhancement of student or faculty programs as particular needs arise.
- Larry Cauller Neuroscience Travel Fund. The Larry Cauller Neuroscience Travel Fund supports neuroscience students’ travel to present their research at professional conferences. The fund was named in memory of Lawrence Cauller, PhD, one of the first BBS neuroscience faculty members.
- BBS Scholarship Fund. Funds donated to the BBS Scholarship Fund provide scholarships for undergraduate students in the School of Behavioral Science.
- Helen Small Scholarship. The Helen Small Scholarship was established in honor of UT Dallas alumna Helen Small BA’07, MS’10, by her sons, Dr. Neal Small, Dr. Joel Smal and Dr. Stuart Small, on the occasion of her 95th birthday. This award supports the education of students who were not able to complete their undergraduate degree immediately following high school or who experienced an interruption in completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Diane Milot Tucker Scholarship. Established by alumna Nicole Tucker BA’04 in memory of her mother, the Diane Milot Tucker Scholarship provides support for undergraduate students from all majors in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. The scholarship honors Diane Milot Tucker’s belief in the value of education.
- The Center for Advanced Pain Studies. The Center for Advanced Pain Studies is aggressively pursuing lines of research aimed at alleviating suffering from pain and improving the lives of people with chronic pain and/or migraine.