The Military and Veteran Center (MVC) provides comprehensive support for military-affiliated students, from admission through graduation. The MVC has dedicated staff who are knowledgeable about the military-college-civilian transition. The MVC has space for students to study, relax, and connect while on campus. Some of our offerings include the Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) program which pairs incoming undergraduates with veteran peer advisors. We also partner with companies for networking opportunities and resume reviews.
The MVC's goals are to:
- Foster community among students during their transition to campus life and with the UTD alumni veteran network.
- Honor military service within the UTD community and recognize academic achievements.
- Connect students to the resources, services, and programs they need to be successful at UTD and beyond.
- Inform/educate the campus, community, and prospective students.
Military-affiliated students include veterans, current military service members (Active, Reserve, Guard), military spouses and dependents, and ROTC cadets.
The areas that the MVC will be supporting are:
- Military and Veteran Center – This fund helps support the mission of the Military and Veteran Center to offer quality programs, services, and activities.
- Student Veterans Association – This fund supports the programs and activities of the student organization, as well as expenses related to attending the Student Veterans of America (SVA) National Conference.