The Callier Center helps people communicate throughout their lives: to hear and be heard, to understand and be understood. For more than half a century, Callier has helped people of all ages hear, speak and connect with others. Through the generosity of donors like you, patients receive access to hearing and speech-language services, regardless of their financial situation. Imagine the difference you can make in the UT Dallas community with a gift to the Callier Center. YOU can create the ability to connect.
This year for Comets Giving Days, we ask you — patients, alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the UTD community — to show your comet pride and support the education, and treatment that Callier offers.
Gifts to the Callier Center will:
- Financially support and directly impact the patients who come to Callier for evaluations and treatment.
- Enrich the educational opportunities for students to learn from our clinicians and patients.
- Sustain patient care through Callier’s essential clinical programs that specialize in speech and language, autism spectrum disorders, hearing and balance, and cochlear implant services.
- Provide support for ongoing research that contributes to new discoveries in the audiology and speech-language field.
How You Can Help
Your support at any level supports the Callier Center’s mission to transform lives and help children and adults hear and be heard, regardless of income level or insurance coverage.
- $25 = puzzles and books for pediatric speech-language therapy
- $50 = electrodes that diagnose hearing loss for newborn infants
- $100 = 1 group speech-language therapy session for a child with autism
- $200 = disposable insert earphones used to conduct hearing tests for 375 children and adult patients
- $500 = cochlear implant programming sessions for 3 children to ensure optimal hearing
- $750 = 1 month of speech, language and listening therapy that will help a child with cochlear implants learn to speak and interpret sound
- $900 = for 2 weeks of Early CLASS (Communication, Language And Social Skills) for children ages 2 ½ - 5 years with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- $1,000 = scholarship for two patients to attend Camp Interact in the summer
- $2,500 = 2 hearing aids for a child whose family cannot afford care
Thank you for giving our patients the ability to communicate and connect. Your support also gives our students opportunities to further their education through our highly ranked audiology and speech-language pathology programs. Our patients, clinicians and students greatly appreciate your kindness.
P.S. – This year in celebration of Dr. Ross Roeser’s retirement and career, you may designate your gift to the Ross Roeser Audiology Fellowship and help deserving students pursue their education in the audiology field.
To learn more about the Callier Center, visit our website at calliercenter.utdallas.edu.
To read about some of our amazing patients, please visit: calliercenter.utdallas.edu/giving/meet-our-patients/